Monday 27 April 2009

In pursuit of.... what?

I guess sometimes I am in pursuit of something which feels so God driven, but maybe I lose sight along the way.

Matthew 7:22-23
On Judgement day many will say to me, 'Lord! Lord! We prophesised in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.' But I will reply, 'I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God's laws'.

Do I truly fix my eyes on Jesus and not focus on the task but on him, probably not, I tend to get blinded by what I believe is good, instead of building that relationship with God. If I meet with friends who I believe are strong in Christ and want to learn from them I need to make sure that in this pursuit of growing closer to God I am not falling behind. Relying on others to build me, and feeling under pressure to fit with ideals which instead results in me feeling far from God because I don't match up to the strong Christians I perceive others to be.

Hebrews 2:11
That is why Jesus is not ashamed to call them (ME) his brothers and sisters.

If Jesus is not ashamed of me, I can't be put down by anyone! I will build my relationship with God and Pursue him, not be pushed by the devil working to pull me into a place I feel far from God and unworthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment